Part-Time Assistant Manager
- Fixed Term Contract: 6 Months
- 2 Posts: 20 hours per week Mon – Sat; 13 hours per week Mon – Fri
- Rate of Pay: £11 per hour
Following the successful development of our community hub and library services we are looking for 2 part-time Assistant Managers.
Experienced in managing staff and volunteers, you will draw on your excellent interpersonal and customer care skills to support the Acting Manager in delivering a range of activities and services for community benefit. You must be able to organise and manage your time efficiently.
For an informal discussion and application pack, please contact:-
Jennifer Brown: Jennifer@nw7hub.org.uk / 020 8959 1397
Application packs may also be downloaded below
- Closing Date: 7th December
- Shortlisting: 10th December
- Interview Date: 14th December
Delivering our programme and managing the building is the responsibility of the Centre Manager, Trustees and a team of amazing volunteers. Since April, 23 new volunteers have come forwards and now carry out a range of tasks including library counter duties, HR, health and safety, gardening, finance, offering “best reads” advice and acting as ambassadors for the charity. Passing through a recruitment and induction process, we aim to continue supporting our volunteers with training and coffee mornings and monthly newsletters.
Their dedication is integral to our success.
If you’re interested in volunteering a little or a lot, get in touch using the form below.
We have a wide range of roles available, especially:
- Library services– processing book loans and returns, maintaining the book order on the shelves, supporting readers and learners
- Working on reception, welcoming users, booking events, supporting library services
- Working with volunteers – helping to recruit and support our team
- Coffee and Retail – helping us to develop a small retail offering and serving refreshments
- Administration – roles exist to support the smooth running of the NW7hub Trustee Team as well as the library building
- Maintenance of the building – small jobs such as repairing a leaky tap, changing bulbs, mending a broken door, changing a lock, putting up pictures and shelving
- Professional Expertise – we are looking for individuals with experience in the charitable sector to support our Trustees
- Cleaning – ensuring the building is clean and tidy at the end of the day
- Gardening – maintaining the green spaces around the library and planting pots of seasonal flowers /plants
- Fundraising – we will be applying for funds to extend our staff team and provide new activities and services so will need support with grant applications and fundraising events
- Marketing – helping the NW7hub and library to promote its activities and services in liaison with Barnet Council’s Communications team
- Programming – helping to create a programme of events and activities
- Schools Liaison – networking with local schools and supporting school visits to the library
- Delivering activities within the library space
- Under 5’s – helping us expand our services to under fives and their families
- Arts and Crafts – delivering creative activities for all age groups
- Supporting our seniors programme of entertainment, talks and visits
Current Volunteering Vacancies
At this point in time we are particularity looking for individuals to assist in the following areas:
- Fundraising– We are looking to create a team of people who can run community events to raise funds and to also assist with writing grant applications.
- Finance – As the charity grows, we need expert advice to support the finance functions of the operation.
- Social Media – Know how to connect with people, have a flare for writing press releases, website updates and marketing generally, then we need you!
If any of the above roles appeal, please do get in touch.
If you would like to help us financially see Donate.